Related Posts with Thumbnails

Monday, February 9, 2009

Kitschy Kool: Volume 7: Telephone Tables/Benches

Recently, I have been really interested in finding a vintage telephone bench/telephone table and taking on a little refurbishing project all my own. After scouring the net for the perfect entryway bench piece (and falling short), I decided that a custom piece, like a revamped vintage telephone table, would be an unexpected addition to our entryway area.


I gained some inspiration from a few old entries I found on design blogs, like these "before" and "after" features from Design Sponge.


before:

after:


Amazing what some sanding and a little spray paint can do!


before:

after:


Wow, right?

And last but not least, there is this cute little number I found on Quest Twenty Eight:

before:

after:


What a transformation!

So now I am on the hunt for the perfect tattered table to take out my creativity on. I found one post on craigslist so far, and it's affordable but I'm not sure it is the one ...



It's nice and has tons of potential, but ideally I'd like it to have a small drawer, and maybe less ornate detail on top. What do you think?

Mad props to any fellow blogger that can help me find a listing for the perfect table! Chicago-land area or St. Louis area (maybe even Milwaukee for the right find) only please, since I need to be able to pick drive it up in our new SUV!

4 comments:

jessica February 9, 2009 at 9:22 PM  

I found two in stl area. I fell in love with your idea and I might do ti myself. However, I will share these listings with you..it's only fair! They both dont have drawers, but they don't look too bad.
http://stlouis.craigslist.org/fud/990169015.html
http://stlouis.craigslist.org/fuo/990551533.html

Stephanie February 9, 2009 at 9:47 PM  

Thanks, Jessica! And I'm sure it will be a while until I get home to STL, so please don't hesitate to snatch one of these puppies for yourself.. in fact, let me know if you do! I also just found this one in STL, too:
http://stlouis.craigslist.org/fud/1007620626.html

andrea February 9, 2009 at 10:04 PM  

love the idea! what a fabulous space conscious piece! Can't wait to see your creation.

Teresa February 10, 2009 at 7:13 AM  

I dont' think that is "the one" either....I'll keep an eye out!!

Labels

About Me

I'm a St. Louis native, but I have been living in Chicago since 2005 and am loving every windy minute of it. I enjoy cooking (more-so eating), home decorating and really anything creative. I'm a supporter of DIY & handmade goods, a fledgling foodie and a connoisseur of kitsch. I spend my days filling online shopping carts, emptying them and repeating the process all over again. Most of all I love spending time with my husband, Dave, our first child, Claire and my dog, Louie.

Etsy Faves

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP