Related Posts with Thumbnails

Monday, February 23, 2009

Never been tagged...

...until now! Yay! 



Thank you to Angie at klenkekonfessions for bestowing upon me this lovely little "Friends" award. Before today I was a blogosphere award virgin, so thank you for being my first ;-) Your blog is fun and a pleasure to follow.

A bit about me: I used to write for a living and now that I don't, I love using my blog as a creative outlet and a way to document my thoughts, projects and day-to-day randomness. Not many people in my life even know I have a blog, but I am ecstatic for the few followers I do have and I hope that I can continue to keep you all intrigued. Please leave me a message so I know who you are and so that I can add your blog to my reader if it's not already on there... the more the merrier!

Now, for the fun part...Here are the rules:

“These blogs are exceedingly charming. These kind bloggers aim to find and be friends. They are not interested in self-aggrandizement. Our hope is that when the ribbons of these prizes are cut, even more friendships are propagated. Please give more attention to these writers. Deliver this award to eight bloggers who must choose eight more and include this cleverly-written text into the body of their award."

Angie already named a few of the blogs that I read often, but here are 8 more great blogs, all of which I am a cyber-friend & fan:

1.) Sara at Creative Adventures of Sara Ellen -- I know Sara in real life and she is as creative and inspirational in person as she is in her blog posts.

2.) Colleen at BCharmer Life -- Who would have thought that a simple little bridal party gift purchase on Etsy would result in finding a great blog-friend halfway across the country!

3.) Ellen at exit, pursued by bear -- Ellen and I share a set of relatives in real-life, but we are in no way related; although I do cyberstalk her dogs through her blog and love her impeccable taste in decor and home goods.

4.) Jen at Quirky Abq -- Jen is another one of my real-life friends that also happens to be a blog-friend. She is a talented artist, outspoken advocate and encourages people to 'Take Risks & Stay Inspired'.

5.) Aaron at BlueRue Blog -- Aaron is a former coworker of mine and a talented photographer emerging in the the Kanas City Market. Check him out!

6.) Mai at mai photography -- Mai & I had the same wedding photographer so I saw many beautiful photos of her over my wedding planning period, but now she is on the other side of the camera and creating beautiful work as well.

7.) Andrea at old, new, borrowed, bleu -- I enjoy watching the process of her wedding planning, because she has beautiful ideas and great style.

8.) Shannalee at food loves writing -- This Chicago-based blogger always shares scrumptious recipes and the occasional restaurant review. Yum!

There are many more blogs that I read but I could only nominate 8 (hey, rules are rules).

Hopefully I have introduced you to a few new blogs to add to your reader, so check them out and be sure to spread the blog love!

12 comments:

Liz February 23, 2009 at 9:01 PM  

Girl, I just love your blog. Thanks for writing it! :)

shanna February 23, 2009 at 9:19 PM  

Thanks so much for including me! I'm especially glad you left me a comment letting me know, because it sent me over here. Going to have a look around!

(PS: Love your photos on the left! Gorgeous!)

Anonymous February 23, 2009 at 9:25 PM  

aww, you are the best. Thanks, babe!

Stephanie February 23, 2009 at 9:26 PM  

Thanks, Liz! I love yours too!! And your e-pics are great!

andrea February 23, 2009 at 9:26 PM  

wow! thanks for that special little gift! you are just the best cyber-friend! I too have never received a blog award so thank you!!!

Love your blog and just know that if you lived in STL we would be friends! You are one cool chick!

Stephanie February 23, 2009 at 9:39 PM  

Shannalee -- You are welcome, and thanks! It's nice to come out of reader and click on some blogs every once in a while, isn't it!

Mai -- Keep up the amazing work! I look forward to more!

Andrea -- Thanks! For now cyberfriends will have to do, but maybe one day ;-) Best of luck in your wedding planning!

Sara Ellen February 23, 2009 at 9:51 PM  

Aw shucks! Thanks Steph -- you made my night. I have been meaning to call you so we can catch up soon!

I check for the Kitschicagoan update daily! :) xoxo

Stephanie February 23, 2009 at 9:58 PM  

Sara Ellen -- Of course! I dream of the day we can merge our creative minds and go into business together ;-) Let's talk (with actual voices, not with keystrokes) soon!

Anonymous February 23, 2009 at 10:05 PM  

Stephanie,

Definitely! Just tell your friend to contact me. I would love to photograph her newborn baby :)

Anonymous February 23, 2009 at 11:30 PM  

Oh wow, thanks for the love and call out Steph! See Cats and Birds CAN get along!!!!

Love ya, hope all is well!

-Aaron

ellen February 25, 2009 at 12:31 PM  

oh! you are so sweet, thank you for your kind words :o)

J. Marshall March 1, 2009 at 11:53 AM  

Hi Steph! Thanks for linking to my blog. I love your posts - they remind me a little bit of getting Daily Candy (I can't remember the name, but think that was the e-newsletter I used to subscribe to in Chi-town). Plesae tell Louie his friends Oates & Douglas in ABQ say 'hola'.

Labels

About Me

I'm a St. Louis native, but I have been living in Chicago since 2005 and am loving every windy minute of it. I enjoy cooking (more-so eating), home decorating and really anything creative. I'm a supporter of DIY & handmade goods, a fledgling foodie and a connoisseur of kitsch. I spend my days filling online shopping carts, emptying them and repeating the process all over again. Most of all I love spending time with my husband, Dave, our first child, Claire and my dog, Louie.

Etsy Faves

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP